Help make a difference in the lives of children in need. Now is the time to sponsor a child.

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Blog Month!

The month of September is blog month at Compassion International. What does this mean? This means that Compassion is really encouraging people to blog about Compassion with the goal of getting 3,108 new children sponsored as a direct result of blogs.

First and foremost, go here: http://www.compassion.com/sponsor_a_child/default.htm and choose a child to sponsor. Do it. Anyone can do it. I did it when I was 13.

I've already talked about how children benefit from sponsorship but I haven't talked about how you as a sponsor benefit. Here is a list of benefits I feel that I have received in the last seven years of being involved with Compassion (this is by no means a comprehensive list)

- The knowledge that I have saved and changed another person's life and the satisfaction that comes with that

- Being able to watch the children I write to grow and develop and gain confidence and building a relationship with them

- A way to profess the immense love I have in my heart for others

- A closer relationship with God as I pray for these children and see the work He has done in their life

- A sense of thankfulness for what I have. I thank God for the many blessings He has bestowed on me daily

-  The chance to travel and see these children and the good, bad, and ugly of Brazil

- The ability to meet incredible people that inspire me to do more (Shout out to Lorenna, Ana, Isabela, Paul, Becca, Bobbie, Misty, Carol, Todd, the Millers, the Sullivans, and everyone else from the Brazil Sponsor Tour and the amazing country staff and people of Brazil)

- Increased confidence in my ability to speak and tell others my story and about Compassion

- Love love love love love

- Huge dreams and making those huge dreams come true

All of this and more can happen to you too. You just have to make that first step.
http://www.compassion.com/sponsor_a_child/default.htm

I understand that not everyone can make a $38 per month commitment and if that is the case, please pray for these children and the country staff, that they may have the resources they need to continue their life-changing work, and that all of these children will receive sponsors.

Love & Peace
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment