Help make a difference in the lives of children in need. Now is the time to sponsor a child.

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

A Letter to God


Dear God,

Sometimes it's hard for me to understand why the world is the way it is and why beautiful, God-loving people have to suffer when so many others get off completely free.

Sometimes it's hard for me to understand why innocent children that have done nothing wrong have to live in some of the most deplorable, hopeless conditions in the world.

Sometimes it's hard for me to understand how a mother or a father could sell their child into a life of forced labor or prostitution.

Sometimes it's hard for me to understand why a parent would abandon their children or their spouse.

Sometimes it's hard for me to understand why governments don't seem to care about the suffering of their people.

Sometimes it's hard for me to remain positive and to see more than the suffering, hurt, abuse, pain, and poverty in the world.

Sometimes it's easy to forget that you love us all more than we could ever understand and that you have a plan for each and every one of us.

Sometimes it's easy to forget that you don't do things accidentally and that for everything there is a season.

Sometimes it's easy to forget that you have a plan for me and that you are using me for something amazing.

Sometimes I want to close my eyes and forget about the overwhelming suffering in the world. But then I remember that I can't.

I can't because you gave me a big, loving heart.
I can't because that's not what you want from me.
I can't because you have shown me that there is way to solve this and that it can start with me.
I can't because I know that I can change a story and in doing so change a life.
I can't because you have given me the tools to help change the world.

It's not always easy to see the good and believe that the bad will get better but I know that with your help and your guidance I can do anything. I know that the world can change and the change can start with me. I know that this is what you want me to do and this is the way I am meant to help. I know that I am meant to help. Thanks God.

Love,
Carly

Please consider sponsoring a child of your own!

No comments:

Post a Comment