Help make a difference in the lives of children in need. Now is the time to sponsor a child.

Monday, November 26, 2012

Monthly Letter Prompt - November

With Thanksgiving having just passed it seemed only natural to talk about Thanksgiving in the letters to my girls this month. For those of you who celebrated this holiday, this is a great way to educate the kids you sponsor or write to.

What to write about (some ideas):
1. The history of Thanksgiving, what the holiday is, and why American's celebrate it
2. From there you could even talk about where your ancestors came from and when some of them came over, if you know
3. The customs of Thanksgiving
4. What you did for Thanksgiving
5. Share what you are thankful for

What to ask:
After I said what I am thankful for this year, I asked what she is thankful for. Maybe you'll have some similarities and maybe you'll learn something about your child or discover new things that you're thankful for.

What to give: I almost always give
1. Current pictures
2. Stickers

The send off:
I never forget to tell my girls that I love them, that God loves them, that they can do anything they want with their life because God has an amazing plan for them and I believe in them, to dream big, and never give up.

Take time to write to your child today!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment